- 1 How can I find an indie game?
- 2 What is the best place to find indie games?
- 3 What is the most successful indie game of all time?
- 4 Where can I play indie games for free?
- 5 Where are games not on steam?
- 6 How do you discover a game?
- 7 What indie game should I play?
- 8 Where can I post games?
- 9 Is Minecraft still an indie game?
- 10 What makes indie games popular?
- 11 How much can I make from an indie game?
- 12 Are indie games better than AAA?
- 13 How do you make an indie game?
- 14 What is an indie girl?
How can I find an indie game?
Five Ways to Discover New Indie Games
- Warp Door.
- Local Events.
What is the best place to find indie games?
Indie Game Blogs
- IndieGames.com. The latest independent games news, interviews, and features, from the makers of Gamasutra.
- Indie Game Bundles.
- Alpha Beta Gamer | Indie.
- Indiegala Blog – Chatter About Indie Games on Steam.
- itch.io | Download the latest indie games.
- TIGSource Forums.
- Indie Retro News.
What is the most successful indie game of all time?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Where can I play indie games for free?
10 Indie Games You Can Play For Free
- 1 Coloring Pixels. If you’re looking for a relaxing game to spend some time with that’s also easy on the wallet, Coloring Pixels may be worth your time.
- 2 The Supper.
- 3 Backbone: Prologue.
- 4 Grimm’s Hollow.
- 5 Momodora I and II.
- 6 Doki Doki Literature Club.
- 7 Brawlhalla.
- 8 Yume Nikki.
Where are games not on steam?
But some of the below options give you Steam codes anyway, and you might find you like the feel of some of them more than Valve’s juggernaut.
- Itch.io. Itch is awesome.
- Humble Store. You’ve probably heard of the Humble Bundle by now.
- Good Old Games.
How do you discover a game?
Four Ways to Discover New Games
- Use a search engine. Ah yes, Google (or Bing, we don’t discriminate).
- Check Metacritic. Although a review aggregator, Metacritic is also a pretty authoritative resource when it comes to upcoming games.
- Look at the “coming soon” section on the digital store.
- Follow curators on Steam.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
Where can I post games?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
Is Minecraft still an indie game?
Although Minecraft started as an indie game back in 2009, it has grown well out of those shoes. After being sold to Microsoft for $2.5 billion in 2014, Minecraft is no longer operated by an indie company. Hence it is no longer an indie game.
What makes indie games popular?
“I believe indie games are popular because they give players an amazing experience with such little resources. For example, many games take simple game mechanics and make the most compelling and complex systems out there.
How much can I make from an indie game?
The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000. If you’re lucky, you’ll be in the next 20 percent above that, earning from $10k to 100k. But you’re more likely in the quarter below, earning only $100 to $1,000.
Are indie games better than AAA?
However, because in indie games what’s most important is creativity, developer and art teams are much smaller than those the typical studios used to create AAA titles, so in most cases indie games will have errors, bugs, bad spelling, unfinished parts, bad programming, memory leaks, and in general they are lower
How do you make an indie game?
6 Steps to Getting Started in Indie Game Development
- Pick a (Small) Idea. New game developers are often inspired by the games they like to play.
- Pick an Engine or Framework.
- Create the Prototype.
- Find Assets.
- Turn it into a Complete Game.
- Start Something New!
What is an indie girl?
Indie girls are nice and fun to be around. Because they are willing to be individual, they respect others’ individuality and never make fun of it. People may object to how you dress or what you listen to, but the point of being an indie is to be brave enough to be who you want and what you are.