- 1 Where can I get a play tester?
- 2 How do you become a beta tester for games?
- 3 How do I become a online game tester?
- 4 How much do indie game developers make per game?
- 5 How do you get games to test?
- 6 Is game tester a good job?
- 7 What is a game tester salary?
- 8 Can you be a game tester at 13?
- 9 Are game testers safe?
- 10 How do I become a paid game tester?
- 11 What skills do you need to be a game tester?
- 12 Is there money in indie games?
- 13 What is the most successful indie game?
- 14 Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Where can I get a play tester?
Where to find good playtesters
- Friends and Family. The most obvious choice is to show your game to friends or family members.
- Local Meetups. If you visit local game development meetups, just bring a build of your game with you – either on your laptop or whatever mobile device it is on.
- Online Forums and Communities.
How do you become a beta tester for games?
However, there are several ways you can leverage your involvement with Betabound even more to become a video game beta tester.
- Share Your Testing Interests.
- Check Out Our Feed of Gaming Betas.
- Educate Yourself.
- Build Your Resume.
- Research Your Target Companies.
- Write a Professional, Thoughtful Email.
- Start Networking.
How do I become a online game tester?
Work in quality assurance.
- Earn a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. You don’t need a high school education to be a game tester, however, most game testers are 18 or older, so you should complete high school.
- Play video games.
- Get a college degree in video game design or a related field.
- Work in quality assurance.
How much do indie game developers make per game?
How much can your first indie game make? This question has been answered many times in the last year and we now know some important things about full or part-time independent as well as hobbyist iOS game developers: The majority (median 25 percent) of their games earn from $1,000 to $10,000.
How do you get games to test?
There is a huge gaming and gamedev community on Twitter with many people very willing to take a look at and support your game. 10 Places to Find Beta Testers for Your Indie Game
- Alpha Beta Gamer.
- Indie Quality Assurance.
- Beta Family.
- Playtest Cloud.
- Roast My Game.
Is game tester a good job?
For game lovers who have some programming experience, the time is ripe for a great job doing something they love playing games! The job of a game tester is highly lucrative as it allows employees to sit for hours testing new games and locating the bugs and flaws before they can be put out in the market for customers.
What is a game tester salary?
The average game tester salary in Canada is $30,225 per year or $15.50 per hour. Entry level positions start at $27,154 per year while most experienced workers make up to $33,638 per year.
Can you be a game tester at 13?
It will be difficult to get a job as a game tester if you are 13. However, there are other jobs you can do to make money online and offline.
Are game testers safe?
1. If they ask for money, it’s a scam. However, interlaced within those other search results were not one but two suspicious websites, game-tester-jobs.com and game-testers.net. If the jobs are real and the companies are real, those companies, they just post their job openings to normal job websites.
How do I become a paid game tester?
Game Testers To become a tester, you must pass an assessment. You’ll need to provide detailed reviews and feedback for each product you try out. On their website, it states that testers can earn anywhere from $50 – $150 per hour.
What skills do you need to be a game tester?
Some must-have technical skills for game testers include attention to detail, understanding game design, knowledge of the computer and video game industry, flexibility to adapt to different processes, and deep knowledge of technology (including programming and coding).
Is there money in indie games?
It’s possible to make money off of indie games. In Eric Barone’s experience, he worked diligently for four years on the beloved Stardew Valley by himself. “Stardew Valley probably earned about $24 million last year. Steam Spy thinks that it earned $9.2 million in March after it released on February 26.
What is the most successful indie game?
Minecraft. Markus Alexej Persson, more famously known as Notch, is the creator of Minecraft, the most wildly successfully indie game of all time.
Is being an indie game developer worth it?
Indie games are not a get-rich-quick scheme. You’ll be working very hard at something unpredictable which may never pay off. If you feel like you need to make games, or even that they interest you on a deep level, it’s probably worth taking a stab at it.