- 1 Where can I publish my Unity Games?
- 2 Where can I publish my free games?
- 3 Where can I post indie games?
- 4 Can I sell a game made with Unity?
- 5 Can you get Unity for free?
- 6 Should I publish my first game?
- 7 Can you decompile a Unity game?
- 8 How do I export my game from Unity?
- 9 Why do most indie games fail?
- 10 Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
- 11 Can I publish my own game?
- 12 How do I sell my game to a publisher?
- 13 What indie game should I play?
- 14 How much does it cost to publish a game?
Where can I publish my Unity Games?
The place you put it is totally up to you, for exemple you could upload freely on one of those sites:
- Itch.io: one of the most used for indie games.
- Indiexpo: less known one, but same principle.
Where can I publish my free games?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
Where can I post indie games?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Can I sell a game made with Unity?
You can absolutely sell commercial games made in the Personal Edition of Unity. To do this, you must meet the requirements to use Unity Personal Edition. This is that you did not earn or receive more than $100,000 in revenue or funding in the most recent 12 month period.
Can you get Unity for free?
Unity is available free of charge.
Should I publish my first game?
So As a beginner, i’d then recommend you to maybe post your first game online to have some feedback on it, improve your skills, and then try to go on the mobile store when you have already made one game or two. ow thanks, that is really helpful. I didn’t know about that issues about publishing on a website.
Can you decompile a Unity game?
Unfortunately there’s very little you can do to protect your games. Once they’re installed onto a player’s machine, you’ve been handling all of your code, textures and models. If someone wants to decompile your game and steal your assets is just a matter of when, not if.
How do I export my game from Unity?
This is the process:
- Go to File.
- Go to Build Settings.
- Go to player settings tab in that dialog box.
- Configure your game settings (screen splash,game name,company name,etc,etc)
- Select your platform (win/mac/linux/xbox/etc etc)
- Click on build.
Why do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
How do I sell my game to a publisher?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions. Pitching publishers at conventions is a very effective tactic.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
What indie game should I play?
The best indie games are:
- Disco Elysium.
- Among Us.
- Fall Guys.
- Untitled Goose Game.
- Telling Lies.
- Hypnospace Outlaw.
- The Witness.
How much does it cost to publish a game?
The exact licensing fee varies based on the manufacturer, as well as any deals they may give a publisher, but it can generally be anywhere from $3 to $10 per unit.