- 1 Where can I post indie games?
- 2 Where can I publish my game for free?
- 3 Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
- 4 How do I get my game published?
- 5 Where can I upload indie games for free?
- 6 Can I publish my own game?
- 7 Why do most indie games fail?
- 8 Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
- 9 Can you publish Unity games for free?
- 10 Why do game developers need a publisher?
- 11 Do game publishers fund games?
- 12 Should I self publish my game?
- 13 How can I publish my card game?
- 14 How do I publish a game on Google Play?
Where can I post indie games?
5 best platforms to publish your indie game
- Steam. Cost: $100 recoupable publishing fee for each game and the 70/30 revenue split.
- GOG. Cost: Submitting your game on GOG is free, but the revenue split is 70/30.
- Itch.io. Cost: Submission is free and sharing revenue with the platform is optional.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game Jolt.
Where can I publish my game for free?
The 5 Best Free Places to Publish Your Game
- ITCH.IO. Itch.io is hands down the best platform available for indie game publishing.
- INDIEGAMESTAND. IndieGameStand is a robust platform to market your game, and is great for strong short term sales if you choose their pay-what-you-want deal.
- ROAST MY GAME.
Do I need a publisher for my indie game?
If your experience is mainly in developing games but you have limited experience with the business side of things, you should definitely consider a publisher if you want to scale. But if you want to remain small and maintain full control, self-publishing may be a good option.
How do I get my game published?
7 Tips for Getting Your Game Published
- Go to conventions.
- Be respectful!
- Have a good elevator pitch.
- Be able to explain the core of your game in 15 minutes or less.
- Develop relationships and add value.
- Take feedback well.
- Don’t focus on money at first.
Where can I upload indie games for free?
11 Places to Publish & Release Your Indie Game
- Steam. Steam offers the largest and most well established PC distribution service around.
- Itch.io. Itch is an excellent platform for indie game developers.
- Game Jolt.
- Humble Bundle.
- Gamers Gate.
- Game House.
Can I publish my own game?
Self-publishing means you’re in charge of marketing your own game. You’re in charge of user acquisition and getting your game known—while shouldering all the costs. It means all the expenses associated with funding, developing, testing, marketing, and releasing the game are entirely up to you.
Why do most indie games fail?
The main reasons indie games fail are over saturation and the lack of marketing. With so many marketing strategies out there, gaming studios have to adapt to the one that suits their game the most. Most of the times the marketing falls short for a game, making the game a tough sell.
Can you publish a game on Steam for free?
Hey, yes you can submit your game for free using Steam Greenlight. Once your project is approved to be on Steam Greenlight it’ll be asked by people to vote upon and if your game comes out to be accepted by the community you will be easily accepted without any costs.
Can you publish Unity games for free?
Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share.
Why do game developers need a publisher?
A publisher gives at least general guidelines to a developer what sort of game they want and then handle the money side of things while the developer focuses on making the game. Publishers will also have better access and more experience in how to effectively market and sell the game as well.
Do game publishers fund games?
They often finance the development, sometimes by paying a video game developer (the publisher calls this external development) and sometimes by paying an internal staff of developers called a studio.
Should I self publish my game?
Limpach believes self-publishing is a legitimate route to market, but it may be more painful to go it alone if it’s your first game. In the long term, it can be a good idea to mix both approaches depending on the project, as some games may need more support than others.
How can I publish my card game?
How to Publish a Board Game
- Come up with an initial idea for a game.
- Make a prototype.
- Test, test, test!
- Give your game a theme.
- Decide if you want to publish your game, or license it to another company.
- Find an illustrator.
- Find a graphic designer.
- Make a pretty prototype.
How do I publish a game on Google Play?
Publishing Your Game to the Google Play Store
- Register as an Android Developer.
- Click the ‘+ Add New Application’ button in the top right.
- Enter the Title of your Game and choose ‘Prepare Store Listing’.
- Fill you your Product Details under Store Listing.
- Upload your Graphic Assets.